Who we are
The Latino Business Association of the University of California at Santa Barbara was founded in 1983 as a student chapter of the Santa Barbara Hispanic Chamber of Commerce and we are also affiliated with the Educational Opportunity Program (EOP). We are a group of UCSB Latino Students that are interested in pursuing professional careers in business related fields. Our membership is comprised of individuals from diverse ethnic backgrounds, as well as academic disciplines. LBA has been recognized by the UCSB staff and faculty with the Organization of the Year Award and the Chancellor's Achievement Award for all its past efforts. Through out the year we strive to focus on our three pilars: Professionalism, Service, and Social.
FALL QUARTER 2018:
- Had 200+ Prospective LBA Member Sign-ups
- Hosted the ULSA Leadership Conference with 170+ Attendees from over 15 chapters.
- Received 1st place for MCC User groups Rewards Points Program
- Selected to cosponsor the Winter Career Fair/Internships for All Majors with Career and Services
WINTER QUARTER 2019:
- Tangerine Harvest, picked 600 lbs of tangerines that were donated to the Santa Barbara Food Bank.
- UCSB First Philanthropy Grant award recipient
- ULSA Education Ambassador Award at the Your Turn Internships
SPRING QUARTER 2019:
- MCC Outstanding Participation Award 2019